A licensed health care provider is trained to diagnose serious medical conditions that might be overlooked by non-physician practitioners and by weight loss centers that promote costly “fad” diet plans.
First, we will diagnose and treat medical conditions in conjunction with your own health care provider that may be causing your weight problem. Your medical weight loss program will be personalized and your health will be closely monitored.
We will perform a comprehensive physical examination and health assessment, including laboratory evaluation and body fat analysis. Medical conditions that might be causing your weight problem or making it difficult for you to lose weight will be addressed.
Hormone deficiency is a common undiagnosed problem. Low thyroid, low testosterone, and cortisol known as the stress hormone (metabolic hormones) in men and women can cause weight gain. Hormone levels will be balanced so healthy, youthful levels are achieved.
If necessary, a coordinated treatment plan with your current physicians will be developed. Your medical status and progress will be assessed and documented carefully. Upon your request, we will advise your doctors of your treatment course and progress.
By documenting all oral intake and journaling properly, the most effective nutrition counseling program will be developed for you. Daily exercise, medications, and nutritional supplements will also be recorded. Our staff will review your journal at each visit, provide counseling, and recommend changes.
A customized diet program, with an emphasis on whole, “clean” foods, will be developed. Counseling will address the amount of calories, carbohydrates, fiber, protein, and healthy fats that are right for you.
A FirstLine Therapy Nutrition Guide and supporting recipe book will be provided which clearly outlines a healthy eating strategy.
We will teach you how to recognize and deal with emotional issues such as cravings and eating when you are not hungry. These emotional triggers can sabotage your healthy eating habits.
Your physical fitness is assessed and a personalized program is recommended. An active lifestyle is a vital to weight loss success. We can offer an evaluation with a personal fitness trainer upon your request.
If appropriate, medication to control appetite and assist in weight loss will be prescribed. If medication is prescribed, we may require a Cardiology evaluation to evaluate heart health.
- Nutritional Supplements
Only safe, effective research driven supplements will be recommended. Certain over-the-counter nutritional supplements are dangerous; they can interact with your medications or cause serious medical consequences.
Tools developed during the program will keep you slim and fit for a lifetime. Periodic maintenance visits ensure success.
Take away messages
- Our medically supervised program is safe, effective, professional, and based on healthy eating habits, proper nutrition, and exercise.
- You will be provided with the support and motivation necessary for your success.
- At the Institute of Optimal Health, your health and safety is our primary concern.
- At all times, you will be treated with compassion, understanding, and dignity.
- Look great. Feel great. Live longer!
YOU CAN change your life and achieve optimum health.
Adrenal fatigue is a collection of signs and symptoms, known as a syndrome, that results when the adrenal glands function below the necessary level. Most commonly associated with intense or prolonged stress, it can also arise during or after acute or chronic infections, especially respiratory infections such as influenza, bronchitis or pneumonia. As the name suggests, its paramount symptom is fatigue that is not relieved by sleep but it is not readily identifiable. You may look and act relatively normal with adrenal fatigue and may not have any obvious signs of physical illness, yet you live with a general sense of unwellness, tiredness or “gray” feelings. People experiencing adrenal fatigue often have to use coffee, colas and other stimulants to get going in the morning and to prop themselves up during the day.
If you answer yes to the following questions, you may be experiencing adrenal fatigue.
- Do you tire more easily?
- Do you feel fatigued rather than energetic?
- Are people annoying you by telling you “you don’t look so good lately”?
- Are you working harder and harder but accomplishing less?
- Are you increasingly cynical and disenchanted?
- Do you often experience unexplained sadness?
- Are you forgetting appointments, deadlines or personal possessions more frequently?
- Have you become more irritable?
- Are you short-tempered?
- Are you more disappointed with people around you?
- Are you seeing family members and close friends less frequently?
- Are you too busy to do even routine things like make phone calls or read reports or send cards to friends?
- Are you experiencing increased physical complaints (aches, pains, headaches, lingering colds)?
- Do you feel disoriented when the activity of the day comes to a halt?
- Is joy elusive?
- Are you unable to laugh at a joke about yourself?
- Does sex seem like more trouble than it’s worth?
|Adrenal Fatigue Treatment
One of the few good things about adrenal fatigue is that you can do most of what is necessary to recover and regain your adrenal health, yourself. There are no magic pills for adrenal fatigue but there are certainly key lifestyle changes and nutritional supplements that will greatly facilitate your recovery. We offer adrenal support supplements along with stress reduction techniques to support your adrenal health.