- First and only FDA approved nonsurgical treatment that contours and improves the appearance of fat under the chin (double chin).
- 15-20 minute minimally invasive (nonsurgical) procedure in the office.
- Requires customization to help achieve your treatment goals.
- Destroys fat cells when injected into the fat beneath your chin.
- Fat loss is permanent.
How does Kybella work?
- Active ingredient in KYBELLA in Oklahoma is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- When injected into the fat beneath your chin, KYBELLA causes the permanent destruction of fat cells.
How is Kybella in Oklahoma administered?
- Typically 15-20 minute procedure in the office. The appointment slot could be longer for possible numbing procedures, explanations, post procedure care, etc.
- The dosing and number of shots is customized for each patient.
Are Kybella in Oklahoma injections painful?
- Most patients report a 2-4 /10 level of discomfort (10 being most painful) during the first few minutes after injection of Kybella. Then the discomfort level subsides rapidly.
- It seems with subsequent sessions the discomfort level seems to decrease.
Possible common side effects with Kybella
- Hardness in the treatment area
How many treatments are needed for Kybella?
- Many patients treated with KYBELLA experience visible contouring of their chin profile in 2-4 treatments. Some require 6 treatments.
How far apart should each session be for Kybella?
- 4-8 weeks
Is there skin tightening with Kybella?
- There is some skin tightening with KYBELLA which is associated with the inflammatory process after the procedure.
What are the best necks for Kybella in Oklahoma?
- Those necks with central fullness with minimal loose skin.
What’s the Kybella in Oklahoma downtime?
- For most patients, downtime was minimal and occurred most commonly after the first treatment session.
- Many people just notice swelling in the area with some temporary numbness. However, the bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area might get in the way of some social plans and work commitments in the following week – especially the first two days after the procedure.
- Downtime seems to be decreased with the following treatments
Kybella Injections for the Body
What is Body Contouring /”Off Label” with Kybella?
Kybella was approved by the FDA in 2015 to destroy subcutaneous fat cells accumulating under the chin- creating the appearance of a double chin. Kybella is a synthetic version of the naturally occurring deoxycholic acid (a molecule found in your gastrointestinal track working to metabolize fat). This non-human and non-animal treatment permanently destroys fat and tightens the skin surrounding the treatment area. Kybella can be injected in a variety of areas apart from the submental region, i.e. arms, abdomen, and outer thighs to improve the overall contour.
Weight gain in these areas can be attributed to many things, namely genetics, age, diet, and loss of mobility. Traditional methods to treat excess fat required liposuction or thermal manipulation treatments. However, Kybella for body contouring is a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment that offers less downtime for the patient. Not all patients are candidates for Kybella; therefore, other safe surgical procedures performed by Dr. Mandraccia/ Dr. Jennie Hunnewell may still may be necessary.
How does Kybella or deoxycholic acid act in the body?
Kybella for body contouring is a series of injections which work to rebuild your body’s youthful physique. The molecule found in Kybella, deoxycholic acid, is injected under the skin directly into the fatty tissue. Deoxycholic acid then works to destroy fat cells in such a way that they cannot be re-created in the future. However, it is important to note, with weight gain the remaining fat cells can reinhabit the area. After the destruction of the fat cells neocollagenesis (the process of making more collagen) begins offering the skin a tighter more youthful look.
What is Kybella for Fat Melting?
Kybella injections permanently destroy subcutaneous fat cells in the area injected. Body contouring treatment with Kybella can be offered to any patients bothered by any of the following areas: jowls, submental, upper arms also known as “bat wings,” front bra roll- APAF, back bra fat- PPAF, male chest, abdomen, tummy, love handles, super pubis also known as “mona pubis,” inner thigh, outer thigh also known as “saddle bags,” back of the thigh also known as “banana roll” [area underneath the buttocks], inner knees, above the knee, calves, and ankle. Dr. Hunewell will offer you her expert advice on whether to consider body contouring with Kybella during your consultation.
What happens to my skin after the Kybella is injected? Will it deflate?
One of the added benefits of Kybella is that the skin tends to “lift” or tighten as healing occurs. This eliminates the appearance of sagging, from the once fat filled, skin. For the patient, treatment with Kybella not only reduces the fat accumulated in these areas, but also mitigates the appearance of sagging skin, which adds to the overall benefit of the treatment. Many people are requesting Kybella for body contouring instead of liposuction or non-surgical modalities due to the tightening benefit one finds with this treatment option. Dr. Hunnewell can give you her expert advice on whether to consider body contouring with Kybella or liposuction during your consultation.
What type of anesthesia is used for body contouring with Kybella?
A local anesthetic will be administered to the treatment area before administering Kybella. General anesthesia is NOT required.
Are the results permanent?
Yes! At only two stages in one’s development are fat cells produced by the body. The first is during embryonic development (when you are developing in the uterus). The second phase is during puberty. Kybella permanently destroys subcutaneous fat cells, which leaves the patient with a more aesthetically pleasing treatment site. It works well for those maintaining a healthy lifestyle before and after treatment. Diet, exercise, and metabolism contribute to one’s outcome and maintenance.
What if I gain weight after Kybella?
Everyone’s body uniformly accumulates fat; therefore, remaining fat cells (those not destroyed) can enlarge secondary to metabolic and dietary changes. However, one’s body will not create new fat cells. If one gains weight after being treated with Kybella, when they shed the weight they regain their results.
What makes me a good candidate?
The ideal patients are individuals with mild to moderate amounts of fat deposited in the respective treatment area. This often is accompanied by complaints or thoughts of said fat creating an unaesthetic contouring of the area. Dr. Hunnewell will offer you her expert advice on whether you personally should consider body contouring with Kybella during your consultation. Each patient is unique; therefore, each person should receive a personalized treatment plan. One of the added benefits with Kybella is the improvement in skin laxity that accompanies the results.
Tell me more about possible side effects? And expected down time?
Side effects can include temporary numbness, swelling, and bruising of the treatment area. These side effects contribute to “social” down time- meaning you might find yourself inside or taking time off from social activities. However, no significate hindrance to mobility or function. Patients who do undergo treatment are asked to refrain from aggressive exercise, alcohol consumption, and salty foods for 24-48 hours after being seen. Patients are further asked to consistently ice the treated area to expedite the healing process. Overall, side effects are minimal to the individual and their lifestyle.
How many treatments will I need?
Most individuals require 2 – 4 treatments to reach their ideal aesthetic goals. But note, some patients have seen remarkable results in as few as one treatment. Treatment plans are individualized to accommodate the unique characteristics presenting in each individual patient. This being said, Dr. Jennie Hunnewell will offer her expert opinion on the treatment plan that is right for you.